The Euro-Arab Youth Forum aims to foster mutual cooperation and dialogue among European and Arab Youth leaders and representatives of youth associations on topics of shared concern within a framework of commitment to a culture of universal human rights and intercultural dialogue.
Aim and objectives
The 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum will foster the participation of young people and youth organisations in peacebuilding and Euro-Arab cooperation for inclusive societies.
Its specific objectives are:
- To explore the UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth Peace and Security and its relevance for young people in Euro-Arab co-operation
- To share and recognise needs and challenges faced by young people and youth organisations in their work for peacebuilding, security and dialogue
- To share practices and experiences in peacebuilding for mutual learning
- To support participants to engage and advocate for their countries to implement the Resolution UN 2250 and in pursuing Sustainable Development Goal 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions)
- To critically reflect about the role of the Council of Europe, the League of Arab states in implementing 2250 and its principles of action and shaping the future of the cooperation
- To learn about human rights education as a framework for learning and acting for peace and dialogue.
This call concerns applicants from member states of the Council of Europe or signatories of the European Cultural Convention only.
Participants from of states member of League of Arab States will be selected through a specific procedure led by the secretariat of the League.
Deadline for applications: 26 August 2019